Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mandatory Update

Checking in to let you all know the skinny on my latest virtual endeavors, and my plans for future reviews and features.

Currently playing:
XB360:
- Dragon Age Origins, on a second character
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2, eagerly awaiting Vietnam expansion
- Borderlands, leveling up a soldier-class character so that I needn't use my Hunter for Claptrap Revolution

DS:
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a unique puzzle-mystery game for DS
- Pokemon Pearl, because I gotta catch 'em all
- The World Ends With You, which I just started and played briefly
- Contact, an Atlus RPG although it's beginning to push my patience's limits

Since finals week is really kicking my ass, I'm guilty of not only a shortage of written material, but also gaming time in general. However, Christmas Break is fast approaching, and I will have an explosm of articles for your reading pleasure soon!! I would love to acquire the hardware necessary to produce video reviews, so hopefully my budget will allow for some exploration within that medium, assuming I can afford it.

Watch out for:

Reviews:
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- Borderlands
- Dragon Age: Origins
- Halo: Reach
- Battlefield: Bad Company Vietnam expansion
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215
- Contact

Also, I'll be doing an article on hype within the industry for MyIGNer leidyGaPa, and how it affected the reception of Castlevania: LoS.

Features:
- I'm considering doing a "Retro-Flection" in which I conduct a review of a game from platforms/generations past, and analyze how it holds up to today's standards. I would start out with the original Half Life for PC, and also possibly Streets of Rage 2.
- An article on how our age of entrance into gaming culture, and exposure to high-quality games of certain eras affects our perception of grandiosity and scale. The first thing that comes to mind is that most people born between 1986 and 1990 identify either Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Final Fantasy 7 as their favorite game; I will record my speculations on this and similar trends.
- The Nintendo DS, Wii, iPhone, and other unique platforms that use their own conventions to create memorable experiences, and why publishers oughtn't force first-person shooters and ports onto these platforms.

That's all for now. See you soon, assuming I survive until Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment